Leading evangelical geneticist Dennis Venema and popular New Testament scholar Scot McKnight combine their expertise to offer informed guidance and answers to questions pertaining to evolution, genomic science, and the historical Adam. Some of the questions they explore include:
– Is there credible evidence for evolution?
– Do we descend from a population or are we the offspring of Adam and Eve?
– Does taking the Bible seriously mean rejecting recent genomic science?
– How do Genesis’s creation stories reflect their ancient Near Eastern context, and how did Judaism understand the Adam and Eve of Genesis?
– Doesn’t Paul’s use of Adam in the New Testament prove that Adam was a historical individual?
The authors address up-to-date genomics data with expert commentary from both genetic and theological perspectives, showing that genome research and Scripture are not irreconcilable. Foreword by Tremper Longman III and afterword by Daniel Harrell. -Brazos Press
BioLogos Needs Your Support
In these challenging times, people are feeling isolated more than ever. There’s an increase in misinformation around COVID-19, even in Christian circles. And misinformation in this crisis will cost lives. BioLogos is one of the few sources that brings together reliable science and biblical faith on the coronavirus. These may be uncertain times, but the importance of advancing the BioLogos mission has never been more certain—and we can’t do it without your support. Help us bring quality, accurate information to the church and the world. Give today.