What is BioLogos?
Is God the Creator?
What about the Bible?
How did God create the ingredients for life?
How old is the earth?
More videos are coming soon!
Connect with us to be among the first to hear when new videos are released:
1. What Is BioLogos?
1. What is BioLogos?
- BioLoguration – The first blog post by Francis Collins, announcing the launch of the BioLogos website.
- Our Beliefs – Our mission, values, Christian beliefs, and other information about the organization.
- Our History – More about the founding and development of the BioLogos Foundation.
- Resource Finder – The tool for finding other resources on our site by type and tag, or using the search box for author and date.
2. Is God the Creator?
- An Enriched Creation and An Unfolding Creation – Two short video clips from our feature length documentary, From the Dust.
- Creation? Which Creation? – Thomas Burnett gives an overview of a book by William P. Brown, The Seven Pillars of Creation, which details the seven different creation accounts in the Bible.
- Maker of Heaven and Earth – Audio of a sermon by Pastor David Swaim, discussing our belief of God as the “Maker of heaven and earth”.
- Recovering the Doctrine of Creation – Wheaton professor Robert Bishop gives a substantial series of blog posts on the doctrine of creation.
- On Creating the Cosmos – In this blog post, our Fellow Ted Davis introduces the work of Ted Peters, including an excerpt where Peters begins to lay out his theology of creation.
3. What about the Bible?
- What do you mean by literal? – A short video featuring Bible scholar NT Wright.
- Scripture Interpretation – A section in our Common Questions which gives answers to questions about interpreting Genesis and the Bible in general.
- Genesis Through Ancient Eyes – Audio of a talk on Genesis 1-3 with PowerPoint slides by Wheaton College professor John Walton.
- Pre-Modern Readings of Genesis 1, by Duke Divinity School professor Sujin Pak, and The Genesis of Everything, by John Dickson, the director of the Centre for Public Christianity in Australia, are blog series about the history of interpreting Genesis.
- Science and the Bible – BioLogos Fellow Ted Davis gives a comprehensive overview of various positions taken by Christians.
4. How did God create the ingredients for life?
- Fine tuning: A Deeper Story – A video interviewing several scholars on the strengths and limitations of the fine tuning argument.
- What is “fine-tuning”? – From our Common Questions page.
- The Modern Creation Story – An adaptation from Karl Giberson and Francis Collins, The Language of Science and Faith which gives more detail to the science of creation.
- Fine-tuning and the Fruitful Universe – Audio and transcript from part of a John Polkinghorne lecture on fine tuning. See also Ted Davis’s series on Polkinghorne.
- Science as an Instrument of Worship – In this blog series, astronomer Jennifer Wiseman explains why the study of the universe can lead Christ’s followers into meaningful worship.
- Deep Resonance – Philosopher Michael L. Peterson writes a 6-part series on the compatibility of Christian theology with the theory of evolution. Part 4 especially focuses on fine tuning and the “Anthropic potentiality” we find in the universe.
5. How old is the earth?
- How do we know the earth is old? An infographic presenting quick overviews of dating methods.
- How are the Ages of the Earth and Universe Calculated? From our Common Questions page.
- It’s an Old World After All– A two-part series presenting information on dating methods via pictures and audio.
- When Appearances are Deceiving– A blog post by Pastor Scott Hoezee confronting the claim that perhaps God made the earth and universe to look older than it really is.
- Radiometric Dating– A detailed resource from the ASA website on radiometric dating (and other dating methods) by Roger Wiens of the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Biblical and Scientific Shortcomings of Flood Geology– A four-part blog series by Gregg Davidson and Ken Wolgemuth describing the timescale represented by geological features of the earth, and why Noah’s Flood cannot be used to discount these.