Welcome to the new BioLogos website! The new site has been under construction for 9 months and we’re nearly finished moving in. You might see construction dust in a few places and some cardboard boxes lying around, but we couldn’t wait to invite you over. Come on in - explore the great new spaces and beautiful views of our new online home. (If you want to help us tidy up, just email email@example.com with any issues you see.)
If you are visiting BioLogos for the first time today, I want to offer you a special welcome to our new home. BioLogos is a community of committed Christians who think that evolutionary science shows the power and creativity of the God of the Bible. We invite you to spend a few minutes on our site to learn more about who we are and about evolutionary creationism (that’s what we call our view). The new website is designed for exploration and there are several great places to start:
- Watch a few of our short “BioLogos Basics” videos. The first 2 minute video gives the quick story of how Francis Collins founded BioLogos to answer the many questions he received about his best-selling book Language of God.
- Read some stories written by people like you - students, parents, scientists, pastors, teachers, business people - who discovered how Christianity makes sense in a modern scientific world.
- Browse our Common Questions. You can learn more about science, the Bible, and God’s relationship to creation, with links throughout for digging deeper into our rich library.
- Check out more about our organization under About Us. You can read a clear summary of the views of BioLogos, plus learn more about our team and how BioLogos has developed since our founding.
- Search for a particular topic under Resources. The handy filters allow you to browse our library of over two thousand articles, videos, and infographics, written by some of the top scholars, scientists, and faith leaders in the world.
Then connect with us! We want to hear your voice. Log on to our Forum to pose a question or join an ongoing conversation in an environment of Christian charity. All voices are welcome here—including skeptics and members of other faiths. You can also ask a question privately - or share your own story - just by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We read every email! Ready to bring this conversation to your own circle? Check out our resource centers for small group leaders, K12 educators, pastors, and youth workers.
If you’ve spent a lot of time on the old website, we think you’ll love the new one. Here’s a quick list of cool features to look for:
- All BioLogos resources now appear on “tiles”, which display the media type and other information for easy browsing.
- The whole site is easy to explore on your mobile device. Waiting for the bus just got a lot more interesting!
- Blog posts and other pages now have difficult ratings: a green circle for “Basics”, a blue square for “Going Deeper”, and a black diamond for “Advanced” (yes, we were inspired by ski runs). You can now see at a glance whether a blog post will be a quick inspiring read or an intense piece to chew on.
- It’s easier than ever to share BioLogos with others. Look for the handy icons to share, like, and tweet pages, and a new icon to easily print pages for classroom use.
- When you use the “Search” box in the top corner of every page, you can filter the results by category, topic, difficulty level, and more. Or, just go to Resources--> All Resources from the main navigation at the top of the page to explore a complete list of all BioLogos materials.
- Having trouble finding an article you loved on the old site? Just write to us at email@example.com or use our Contact Us form.
- Every BioLogos article and blog post now has “further reading” links on the sidebar (or below the text on mobile) connecting you to related content in our archive. It’s easier than ever to “get lost” in our library of fascinating materials on faith and science. Learn about quasars, radiometric dating, human fossil discoveries, natural theology, ancient near-east cosmology, and much more!
You might also have noticed that the BioLogos “Daily blog” has been replaced with seven BioLogos bloggers (including yours truly). Each blogger is a distinctive voice in the BioLogos community, tackling a topic such as history of science, genetics, or educational resources. We’ll also continue to host guest bloggers, from great scientists to leading theologians to the voices of students today. You can connect with our bloggers (and other readers) in our state-of-the-art online Forum. Subscribe to each blogger’s RSS feed through your “reader” of choice (or just subscribe to all BioLogos blog posts at the top of our main “Blogs” page).
Since BioLogos launched in 2009, our website has expanded from a few frequently asked questions to an abundant library of resources, from a simple comments section to a widely-used online forum. BioLogos.org has been visited by millions of people from almost every country on earth. With all of the changes, remodeling the old site could only take us so far, so we finally packed up everything and moved into this new home. A big thanks to the team at Mindscape and to the BioLogos staff - especially Lisa Tudor, Brad Kramer, and our interns - for all their hard work. The new website gives us a solid foundation for the future. Walk on in and take a look!