Deborah Haarsma is President of BioLogos. Gifted in interpreting complex scientific topics for lay audiences, Deb often speaks to churches, colleges, and schools about the relationships between science and Christian faith. She wrote Origins: Christian Perspectives on Creation, Evolution, and Intelligent Design with her husband and fellow physicist, Loren Haarsma, a book presenting the agreements and disagreements of Christians regarding the history of life and the universe. She also edited the anthology Delight in Creation: Scientists Share Their Work with the Church with Rev. Scott Hoezee. Previously, she served as professor and chair in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Calvin College, with several publications on extragalactic astronomy and cosmology. Haarsma earned a PhD in physics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. While she and Loren both enjoy science fiction and classical music, only Deb enjoys gardening.
- Astronomy and the Big Bang
- Evolution - evidence and implications
- Spectrum of views held by Christians and atheists on Genesis, creation, design, and evolution
- Dialogue with those who hold other views
- Engaging science in worship and congregational life